Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. -Albert Einstein
For Li’l D…..
Sometimes it’s easier to follow a trail instead of hacking through the jungle by yourself. Unfortunately it took a lot of hacking and a lot of dead ends before I finally realized the truth about some of this stuff. With that in mind, here are 21 things I’ve learned that will never lead you in the wrong direction:
- Actions have consequences, some are good and some… not so much. Learn to recognize the difference ahead of time.
- Expect nothing and you’ll never be disappointed.
- “Religion’s in the hands of some crazy ass people.” -Jimmy Buffett. Remember that God is everywhere, even if there’s no church in sight.
- Here’s a 20 word financial plan guaranteed to lead you to early retirement. a) Carry no debt. b) Save 20% of what you earn. c) Keep an emergency fund. d) Buy and hold low expense index funds.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes every day. EVERY day.
- Be considerate of others, but live for yourself.
- You are responsible for your own education. Learn HOW to learn and your life will be easy.
- Sometimes you’ve just got to say “What the hell… I’m gonna do it!”
- Always tip musicians.
- Nobody ever got stressed out from sitting by a fire with a glass of wine.
- A long walk, a run or a bike ride can solve a lot of problems.
- Food always tastes better when someone else buys it.
- Don’t be impressed by material things. Often times the cowboy with the big hat has no cattle.
- It is your duty not to be a burden to others – always be self reliant.
- You are a reflection of the five people you spend the most time with. Choose wisely.
- The smartest people you’ll meet are most likely avid readers. Be one of them.
- If you aren’t happy with what you have, how will you be happy with more?
- Sand between your toes at sunset helps erase the day’s B.S.
- If it’s fried it’s trouble but if it’s green order double.
- “Don’t look back. Something might be gaining on you.” -Satchel Paige
- Everything happens for a reason. It is your job to find the reason.
* I reserve the right to change or alter these Principles as the mood strikes me.